Here are some tips to make the cold weather and winter months a little easier to bear:
1) In-floor heating is something to consider if you have cold tile flooring, especially in a bathroom where bare feet are the norm.
2) Using carpet and a good pad can reduce heat transfer through floors.
3) Inspect and maintain your furnace to ensure that your furnace is in proper working order before it’s too late.
4) Check caulking on windows and weather stripping at exterior doors to prevent warm air from escaping and cold air from sneaking in.
5) Clean out and check gutters, to ensure proper flow of rain water and melting snow.
6) Heat tape can help with the melting of snow accumulation on roofs, above entryways, patios and decks.