The Importance of Interior Design and Working with an Interior Designer
- Interior design is not about just what is pretty or aesthetically pleasing and is more than just selecting fabrics and paint colors.
- It is a process to provide solutions and interior designers are the problem solvers. They get to the heart of the issues and design spaces that have the function, aesthetic and quality that the client is looking for.
- Interior designers evaluate the space, find out what the client’s needs are, come up with different options that make the best use of the square footage based on what the client wants to accomplish, and then discuss them with the client to determine the best possible solution.
- There are many challenges that come with design such as accessibility and aging-in-place, so the more interior designers understand about the client’s needs, the better they can space plan and design for the client.
- When designing, interior designers are thinking of how to transform people’s lives and make their quality of life better.
- Interior design affects how people live, move through space and interact with interior environments on a daily basis, across the globe.