Alpine Custom Interiors is your full service, turn-key design, build and remodeling firm that is ready to transform your vacation home, residence, or estate property to what you envision ... and beyond.

Why You Need a Permit for your Home Renovation in Incline Village

Building permits are designed to protect you, the home-owner, during your remodel process, and to ensure that your improvements are functional, safe, and up to current standards. Building permits may also be needed if applying for a loan for your renovation. Also, when selling a renovated home, potential buyers will want to see permits for any work done to make sure the work was done thoroughly.

However, In Washoe County, building permits are not needed for some smaller projects, such as repairing your roof, or replacing doors and windows. To see the full list of projects that don’t need a permit, click here.

Additionally, some projects in the Tahoe Basin also require a permit from the TRPA. These are necessary when work is being done on the outside of your home, or your home’s structure is changing. These permits are in place to help protect the beautiful are we live in, and limit runoff from polluting the Lake.

Part of the job of a general contractor, such as Alpine Custom Interiors, is to help you navigate this often confusing permitting world, and make sure your remodel is done correctly and efficiently.file0001845175736